Coach and Bus insurance is widely available on the internet and from a great many brokers by phone which is why you should take time to compare bus insurance quotes and quotations that you’re offered and make comparisons between each and every part of the insurance policy.
Insurance for vehicles differ, from car to truck and bus to coach due to operational liability and transport variables. Which is why you should seek out specialist bus insurance companies and insurers to find the most comprehensive bus insurance policy to meet your needs.
Bus Insurance Guide
There are severals points to look for when comparing and choosing which bus insurance policy to go with, a few such points would be;
- Multi driver policies – vehicles as part of a fleet or business, especially those within a bus company operating public bus service routes, will usually have more than one driver in a day. Ensuring a multi driver policy and cover for vehicles and drivers is essential.
- Passenger capacity – depending on the capacity of the bus or general size of the bus fleet, an insurance policy can cost more the higher the passenger count, so consider this when buying your buses / vehicles and or comparing quotes.
- Fleet operations – bus insurance companies like business, if you have a fleet, consider that while premiums will be higher, the cost per bus will be less which will save you money and get you cheaper bus insurance.
- Higher excesses – if you need to claim, a higher excess will save you costs on premiums in the long run but the advantages and disadvantages should be weighed up beforehand.
- Liabilities – as you carry passengers and employ bus drivers, you should have public and private liability insurance as well as employer liability insurance to cover claims in the event of an accident. Third party fire and theft comprehensive cover wouldn’t go amiss either.
- Legal expenses – In the event of an accident you can receive payment towards legal fees for a retained firm of solicitors. This sometimes comes at an additional premium.
There may be different and specialist insurance polices for school bus and minibus operations, it’s worth getting detailed quotations.